Our History

In a log schoolhouse across Ford Road from the present church, a meeting was held on February 1, 1871 to form a church. Thirty-one charter members bought twenty acres of land and built a wooden frame church. This wooden frame church had three rows of pews and was named Immanuel German Evangelical church.

 

On September 22, 1909, the original church was struck by lightning and it burned to the ground. A new church was built and dedicated on April 10, 1910. in 1934, the Evangelical and Reformed Synods merged to form the Evangelical and Reformed denomination.

 

In 1951, an annex was built onto the church for Sunday School classes, fellowship and meetings. On June 2, 1957, the Evangelical and Reformed Church merged with the Congregational Christian Church to form the United Church of Christ..

In 1964, work was undertaken to build a new church and parsonage. The bell tower and bell from the old church were used in the design of the present church which was dedicated on April 24, 1966.

Groundbreaking for the addition to the present church was held on June 6, 1982. A new educational, administrative, and fellowship addition was dedicated on March 6, 1983.

We are very happy to have Rev. Doug Turner as our current pastor as of 2011.